When the summer comes and the weather hits 80 degrees or higher, the hot coffee is not suitable at all. So, you should learn, how to make the best cold brew coffee?
However, if you are a diehard fan of hot coffee of all time. In this kind of summertime, drinking cold coffee is the best option to switch up from Americano, espresso, cappuccino, and drip coffee, it’s because starting your morning with hot coffee during the summertime doesn’t make sense in my point of view.
Besides cold coffee suits your stomach in order to have less acid and bitterness. In this article, we will be talking about what is cold brew? How does it taste like? how to make cold brew coffee? And more.
After reading the entire article, you will know how to make the best cold brew coffee at home as well as cold brew grind size, recipe, precise ratio, and how to make cold brew coffee concentrate.
Let’s look at the entire process of how to make cold brew coffee fast.
- What is Cold Brew
- What Are The Benefits of Cold Brew Coffee
- What Does It Taste Like
- How is Cold Brew Coffee Different from Iced and Hot Coffee
- How to Make the Best Cold Brew Coffee
- What do You Need to Make Cold Brew Coffee
- Cold Brew Coffee Ratio
- Cold Brew Coffee Recipes
- Let’s Watch a Video: How to Make Cold Brew Coffee Using a French Press
- Let’s Watch a Video Review: How To Make The Best Cold Brew Coffee At Home (The Easy Way)
What is Cold Brew
Cold coffee is too much familiar name during the summertime, it has been introduced recently as cold brew coffee what people start loving this kind of coffee. Cold brew coffee brands like Starbucks have created some methods to make cold brew coffee, and people really head to the coffee shop to have a cup of coffee.
Cold brew is an iteration of coffee that’s made by steeping coffee grounds which is steeped in room temperature Or can be steeped in cold water for an extended period of time say, 12 to 24 hours based on your taste choice.
In contrast, hot coffee doesn’t take a long period of time to be brewed. However, cold coffee has many advantages that hot coffee doesn’t have at all. Let’s see what are the advantages of drinking cold coffee.
What Are The Benefits of Cold Brew Coffee
Almost every coffee lover may know the amazing benefits of drinking coffee and here let you know for cold brew. the cold brew coffee benefits are:
- Smooth, sweeter than hot coffee, super refreshing
- There’s no need to buy an expensive coffee brewer
- Easy to make
- Affordable at home
- Ready-made for a busy morning person
- Can be heated up for hot coffee (Do you know how to keep your coffee hot?)
What Does It Taste Like
The taste is considered depending on the flavor you choose. However, the taste is smooth and sweet than bitter whereas the most traditional coffee tastes acidic and a little bit more bitter is because the coffee beans are heated in the brewing unit, therefore, the acid and bitterness come out to the entire coffee, like strong coffee you are drinking.
By the way, do you know how to make strong coffee? On the other hand, cold brewing coffee has a smooth consistency and the ability to suit your stomach without any doubt of risk.
How is Cold Brew Coffee Different from Iced and Hot Coffee
Cold brew has some differences compared to hot and iced coffee, whenever you want to make cold brewing coffee, it takes just a few simple steps to make it happen. On the other hand, hot brewed coffee is not as simple as cold coffee is.
As I mentioned earlier the cold coffee is made by steeping the coffee grounds in the cold water for about 12 to 24 hours whereas the hot coffee needs plenty of processes to make it by a coffee maker either it is your best single serve coffee maker or your best super automatic espresso machine.
Typical hot and iced coffee beverages have acidity and bitter flavors that might not be suitable for everyone though, hot coffee is the best for most of the people in the world.
However, cold brew has a lower possibility of having acidity and bitter flavors, instead, it provides consistency and sweeter flavors which is good at all.
How to Make the Best Cold Brew Coffee
We also have detailed articles on how to make Turkish coffee at home, how to make best whipped coffee, and how to make bulletproof coffee at home the keto coffee creamer recipe, then how to make coffee while camping, in case if you want to check those out.
There are plenty of cold brew recipes out there to make cold brewing coffee such as Starbucks cold brew recipe and much more.
If you were thinking of how to make the best cold brew coffee at home, there’s no big deal, making cold coffee is super simple and easy.
All you have to do is just follow some steps and rules to get the best cold brew coffee concentrate, here’s how.
What do You Need to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Some key things that you must have when it comes to making the cold brewing coffee. Let’s look at a glance at the ingredients you need.
- Coarsely ground coffee: grinding by the best burr coffee grinders, which is great for filtration and your coffee tastes far less bitter.
- Filtered water (if you have it)
We also have a complete article on “How to grind coffee beans without a grinder“, in case if you want to check that out.
Cold Brew Coffee Ratio
If you want to get a jolt of caffeine from your coffee keeping you all day long, cold brewing ratio is the only fact you need to know about.
Research shows that the optimal cold brewing coffee ratio is ¾ cups of coarsely ground coffee grounds to every 4 cups of cold water.
This type of coffee is a little bit more pricey when you buy from popular coffee shops, instead, it can be more affordable and flexible making right at home.
There are plenty of cold brewing coffee recipes out there, below few are shown to follow.
Cold Brew Coffee Recipes
You can make cold brewing coffee whether using a french press, sieve and mixing bowls. A multitude of different tools gives a different taste, so it’s up to you what you are going to use.
1) Using a French Press
We also have a detailed article on the best coffee grinder for French press, in case if you want to check that out.
In Terms of the french press, follow some crucial steps to get the optimal taste:
- As I mentioned before, add ¾ cups of coffee grounds to 4 cups of cold water.
- Make sure you are using coarsely coffee grounds, otherwise, the beverage will be cloudy.
- Put water on the press, Don’t plunge it.
- Let it sleep at room temperature for about 12 hours.
- After passing the mentioned time, press down the plunger and pour it.
Remember: you can keep the coffee in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
If you don’t have a french press at your home this Cafe du Chateau French Press is a nice option.
Let’s Watch a Video: How to Make Cold Brew Coffee Using a French Press
READ ALSO: Pour Over Coffee VS French Press
2) Using a Sieve
This recipe is slightly different from the french press. All you have to do is:
- Put coffee grounds in a large pitcher, pour it with water, and stir.
- Cover the pitcher with a cheesecloth, and tie it with a rubber band.
- Let it sleep for about 15 hours or overnight at room temperature.
- Once the waiting is over, take a fine sieve to strain the mixture into another pitcher.
- Put a coffee filter into the sieve, and strain the liquid again into the original pitcher.
- Add cubes, milk, or even some water based on your taste choice.
Or you can use Cold Brew Coffee Maker Coffee Pot including all above in shortcut
3) Using a Mixing Bowl
This is the simplest way to make vegan and gluten-free cold brewing coffee. Here’s how :
- Put dark coffee roast levels of grounds into the large mixing bowl, add water, cover with plastic wrap, and then keep it in the refrigerator overnight. (Dark roast coffee you can buy either from the market or you can roast yourself by your best home coffee roaster.)
- Once you wake up in the morning, you simply strain the liquid with a coffee filter.
- To get more taste, you can add almond milk, ice cubes and much more.
Let’s Watch a Video Review: How To Make The Best Cold Brew Coffee At Home (The Easy Way)
Making cold coffee is easier, simpler, and tasty in different flavors. The smoothness of cold brewing coffee might make you a cold coffee lover. In the summertime, it’s a great choice to have a cold brewing coffee every single morning.
There are plenty of methods to make cold brewing coffee, however, above, described how to make the best cold brew coffee at home that really helpful at all.